Thursday, October 7, 2010

Off to Barrydale

Today was a fairly uneventful day.I tutored Maths in the morning,came home and ate lunch at 10:30!(It was unbelievable how hungry we all were...)Later in the afternoon we had a homeschooling family come to our house so we could outline to them how the SATS exams work and detail what the exams entail.It was fairly pleasant but entirely too long.Eventually,we baked brownies and lemon delight cheesecake for my mom's bookclub tonight.The aroma of said brownies is wafting up the stairs as I type.I do so love chocolate brownies....I had to rush to complete the book I was currently reading before my mom's bookclub was due to begin.(Each lady has a turn to host it monthly;today is my mom's chance)


In other news,we are heading down the trail to a quaint farming community of Barrydale tomorrow.We have friends there who own a magnificent farm which has several,lovely self-catering cottages.Our family last visited them in June,the last pitstop in our journey home from Mozambique.I was busy preparing for my SATS exams,which were mere days away,and consequently didn't have the oppurtunity to socialise and relax as much as I would have desired.This weekend will provide such an oppurtunity.Sometimes it is wonderful to get away from the monotony of our ordinary schedule and just enjoy the ebb and flow of a quieter existence.I hope to use the time to gain direction for my life and perspective and ask of Father what He would have me do in the coming days to glorify Him.I am grateful for the oppurtunity for my parents to relax after all the hard work and effort they have put into renovating the house.I sincerely hope that my siblings will enjoy the time away too.My sister works every Saturday so it will be a well-deserved break for her.Off to pack....

No comments:

Post a Comment