Back from our weekend jaunt to Barrydale and arriving home in abysmal weather,I was never more glad to return home.The torrential rain and gale force wind were frightfully strong and I prayed the whole way home for safe travels.Our weekend away however was a lovely,relaxing moment in time.The drive to Barrydale on Friday was surprising short and we arrived in time for afternoon tea.A supper of homemade burgers with onion rings and salad followed,accompanied by a hilarious pantomine put on by the Barrydale Amateur Dramatic Society.The pantomine was based on the fairytale story of Sleeping Beauty,adapted to fit the quirky characters of "Barrydalia" and was thus a huge success.The soup and rolls served in the interval were delicious and the community feel and look of the play was really wonderful to witness.Saturday's pace was slow and laid-back.Breakfast, every morning, was a hearty bowl of oats and several slices of toast and strawberry jam, served with juice.
After breakfast,we meandered into the town for a small dose of retail therapy.
Simone and I then prepared a gourmet lunch as part of Simone's hospitality studies.It was absolutely delectable.Therafter we had short siesta.In the late afternoon sun,Simone took some photos of me.It must be noted that I am not a particularily photogenic person and I am not often inclined to have photos taken of me,but the surroundings were so beautiful and the weather was so perfect,so I consented.I think she did a stellar job too.We read the rest of the evening and partook of a wonderful supper of roasted vegetables,chicken and rice.Upon the completion of dinner,my sister and I took our leave and headed to bed to read our books.Sunday dawned and we had a leisurely start yet again.Most of the morning we relaxed and read some more.I gazed out our bedroom window and I was struck at the way trees yielded to the winds force.The leaves were dancing and it almost seemed as if they were raising their branches in praise.It reminded me of that song that says,"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord."It was a special moment for me as it reminded me of God's soverignty and power in creating the heavens and the earth.Lunch that afternoon consisted of ciabatta rolls,boerewors,chicken kebabs,salad,beetroot.My siblings and I watched TV(hilarious Disney channel programmes)while my parents and Graham and Beulah(family friends who own the farm we were staying on) chatted after lunch over a bowl of amazing home-made ice-cream.In short,we had an excellent time away on the farm.Thank Lord for providing the oppurtunity!
No comments:
Post a Comment