Saturday, March 12, 2011

Varsity Life

I have neglected my blog for far too long.Life has kept me moving in a cyclic way without relent.University has been an amazing experience so far.Tiring and challenging,certainly,but rewarding.The train is,well...like any public transport in this lovely land of South Africa-overcrowded,perpetually late and very unreliable.Nevertheless,I have managed to get to UCT and back everyday without an major mishap.(apart from the train door closing in on my head!!!)Metrorail will be hearing from me,most assuredly.

I have been to see my first Varsity cup rugby game last Monday,Ikeys vs Maties.I knew inherently that Maties(Stellenbosch University) was going to win,and they trounced us 37-16.So my first game ever,and the Tigers drop the ball,quite literally.I was chagrinned but it was an enjoyable time all around as I slept over at Bianca's flat and got to see her apartment for the first time.

I am really enjoying the new youth and church space we find ourselves in.Everyone at the Factory(youth) and the Baptist church in general genuinely care about us and we are forging good friendships.While it is regrettable to leave another church and youth,we were pushed to that place for a reason-God has something better and more spiritually fulfilling in mind for us.God is so incredible that way,we may resist His plans,but when they unfold in their brilliantly orchestrated fullness,then we see that God has our best interests at heart and we can never underestimate Him,because He always wants us to live in fullness.I am so overwhelmed by his goodness and the people encounter at the Baptist church attest to that daily.The Baptists are so solid,the Word is foundational and rooted in the Bible and the worship is spirit-filled and led.

I cannot be more blessed than I am now.I have been given the oppurtunity to study,which is a gift that I cherish.I have wonderful friends at youth and my family are always loving and supportive.I cannot be ungrateful when I have so much.I am content even when life's struggles are the most pivotal in our family's circumstances.

Thank you Lord
P.S More on varsity soon,I am building up a deluge of anecdotes and witticisms for my blog
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment